How Renters insurance helps cover your
These are some of the types of losses for which your personal property is
- Smoke, if sudden and accidental
- Sudden and accidental discharge of water or steam from plumbing,
heating, or air-conditioning system, or household appliance
- Fire or lightning
- Windstorm or hail
- Glass breakage
- Falling objects
- Collapse of building
- Weight of ice, snow, or sleet
- Riot or civil commotion
Loss of use
Your coverage pays the additional costs of living in hotels, eating in
restaurants, etc., while your living quarters are uninhabitable due to an
insured loss. It also pays up to 20 percent of the amount of coverage on
your personal property with no deductible.
This coverage gives you and your family living with you 24-hour-a-day
liability protection against claims caused by almost any unintentional
- The acts of your pets.
- Unintentional acts committed by you or qualified family members,
either on or off your premises.
- We cover reasonable medical payments for other people injured in
your premises, regardless of liability, up to certain limits stated on
- Necessary expenses you incur. Limits apply.
- A Renters Package even pays the premium on appeal bonds, bonds
to release attachments and the cost of bail bonds.
We can also offer coverage for:
- Emergency first aid
- Damage to property of others
Personal Articles floater
This extends coverage for your personal articles, such as jewelry, furs or
fine arts, when their value is higher than the limits stated in the
policy. It pays up to the insured value of the article.
Contents Replacement Cost
Use this option to extend the coverage on your personal property to
include the cost of repair or replacement without deduction for the
depreciation, but no more than the policy limit.